Monday, 29 August 2011

Shedding the sluggishness




For about a week now I've been feeling unbelievably slow & sluggish.*

Don't know whether it's the change in diet, the fact that the hols are over, or the humid weather, but anyhoo: major case of bleh. And I've been giving in to it. Oh yes. If you would have seen me lying on the sofa you'd have thought I was trying out for Sloth of the Year.**

Now I don't know whether the weekend with Fab has anything to do with it, but underneath the layers of sluggishness is this sudden feeling of determination.
I KNOW! It freaked me out too!

And so, I've decided to slip into something more comfortable (not the frilly lacey kind of thing) and get my ample arse into gear with some exercise. Yes. It's nothing short of a miracle.

Of course the little voice in the back of my head is now whining: noooooooooooooooo.... We're too tired. We've been working hard. It's too humid. We deserve to flop down on the sofa and take it easy. We deserve some Welshcakes with our tea.

Let's see if I can produce some happy endorphines to shut it up. Chances are I will faint halfway, but I've got a bit of padding to guarantee a moderately soft fall.

The little voice tells me sulkily that if I happen to see a big bright light, I'd better not go towards it.




* In a weird coincidence, my terrace has since a week been inhabited by a whole tribe of snails. And I'm on the fourth floor. What the ... ??

** Naturally only a cat could really ever win that title.

4 comments:

  1. Snails on the fourth floor eh, that must be the Dutch version of the snail SAS out on a training exercise ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very determined little buggers indeed! ;-D
    Can't bring myself to get rid of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick some garlic butter out there, the buggers will soon scarper!!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, the poor things... Having said that, I do like escargots...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I do love comments, so please don't be shy and share your thoughts.